- TBU Tomas Bata University in Zlín
- FT Faculty of Technology
- FAME Faculty of Management and Economics
- FMC Faculty of Multimedia Communications
- FAI Faculty of Applied Informatics
- FHS Faculty of Humanities
- FLCM Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management
- Library TBU Library
- HRR Halls of Residence and Refectory
- UNI University Institute
Recognition of Higher Education and Qualifications Acquired Abroad
Procedure followed by a public higher education institution when recognizing higher education and qualifications acquired abroad:
- The person who has completed higher education abroad shall submit a written request including all the compulsory
formalities (see below).
The request shall be submitted to the Rectorate of TBU in Zlín – Office of Assistants to Vice-Rectors, nám. T. G. Masaryka 5555, 760 01 Zlín.
- The Rectorate of TBU in Zlín shall verify formal requirements of the request.
- TBU shall assess the request, compare the degree programmes and issue a decision on the request.
- In the event that Rector grants the request, he shall issue the decision and an appendix to the decision entitled “Proof of Recognition of Higher Education and Qualifications Acquired Abroad Issued in the Czech Republic”. The decision along with the appendix and the original documents shall be delivered to the addressee only.
- In the event that Rector rejects the request, his decision shall be delivered to the addressee only.
- Rector of TBU in Zlín shall decide on the recognition of higher education and qualifications acquired abroad within period specified in general regulation on administrative procedure*) (i.e. within 30 days of delivery, within 60 days in difficult cases).
- Higher education and qualifications acquired abroad, its part or particular examinations are valid on the territory of the Czech Republic from the date, on which the decision on the recognition of higher education and qualifications acquired abroad comes into force.
*) § 71 of Act No. 500/2004 Coll., Code of Administrative Procedure
The request must include:
The written request of the person who has completed higher education abroad must include:
- First name and surname of the person who has completed education at a higher education institution abroad,
- date, month, year and place of birth of the applicant,
- permanent address,
- address, to which the decision shall be sent,
- title of the higher education institution at which the education was completed, its address (town/city and country),
- date of commencement and completion of studies,
- title of the completed degree programme in the Czech language,
- title of the completed degree course in the Czech language,
- date of submission and signature of the person who completed education at a higher education institution abroad (if the request is submitted by a proxy for the person who has completed higher education abroad, s/he is obliged to submit an officially verified power of attorney signed by the person who has completed higher education abroad),
- and the purpose for which the applicant requests the recognition (whether s/he requests it in order to pursue other further studies or for the purposes of employment in the Czech Republic).
- Original or an officially verified copy of diploma, certificate or similar proof of due completion of studies issued by a higher education institution abroad,
- Original or an originally certified copy of the Diploma Supplement or the listing of the completed course
(authenticity of signatures and official stamps on the original documents must be verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country, in which the higher education institution that has issued the document resides, or by the relevant foreign body and the relevant diplomatic mission of the Czech Republic, if not specified otherwise in the international agreement),
- Certified translation of both documents into the Czech or English language,
- Written power of attorney, if the request is submitted by a person different than the person who has completed higher education abroad.
- Proof of payment of the fee for actions related to the procedure followed when receiving a request for the recognition of higher education and qualifications acquired abroad: CZK 3,000/EUR 115
For payments in CZK:
Komerční banka, a.s. Zlín
27-1925270277/0100 Variable code: 9960292025
For payments in EUR:
Komerční banka, a.s. Zlín
43-7565040247/0100 Variable code: 9960292025
IBAN: CZ29 0100 0000 4375 6504 0247
Bodies deciding in the 1st stage on the recognition of higher education acquired abroad and the required verification of HEI diplomas according to countries, in which the education was acquired and the HEI diploma was issued - available here.