- TBU Tomas Bata University in Zlín
- FT Faculty of Technology
- FAME Faculty of Management and Economics
- FMC Faculty of Multimedia Communications
- FAI Faculty of Applied Informatics
- FHS Faculty of Humanities
- FLCM Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management
- Library TBU Library
- HRR Halls of Residence and Refectory
- UNI University Institute
Rules for Accommodation of International Students Studying in the English Language - IO 2017/2018
Rules for Accommodation in the Residence Halls of Tomas Bata University in Zlín in the Academic Year 2017/2018 Valid for International Students Studying in English Language
Before writing an enquiry please get to know the Rules of accommodation and FAQ- Accommodation carefully. We reserve the right not to answer the questions mentioned below again.
Submission and processing of applications for accommodation
- Applications for accommodation in the TBU Residence Halls shall be submitted by international students in electronic form in the ISKaM system https://ubytovani.utb.cz , and that from 18 April 2017 for the winter semester and from 1 December 2017 for the summer semester.
- Students who have not been assigned login data to access the TBU portal yet, shall register in the ISKaM system first, and only afterwards submit their application for accommodation.
- Prior payment of a deposit amounting to CZK 1,500 forms part of the submission of the application for accommodation.
- When submitting their applications, students must follow the instructions given in the ISKaM system.
- Applications submitted shall be registered according to the date and time of their submission or of the payment of the deposit, whichever is later, taking into consideration the date of booking, and continuously granted depending on the availability of beds in the TBU Residence Halls at the relevant moment, taking into consideration the date of booking.
- After the start of classes in the academic year, the applications are granted/beds are booked continuously depending on the availability of beds until all applications have been granted.
- If the student does not want to wait until the room in the TBU Residence Hall is available, he/she is obliged to immediately cancel the accommodation booking in writing and require return of the deposit. He/she can do so also in person in the office of the Head of Accommodation Services in the TBU Residence Hall in Štefánikova 150, Zlín.
HRR offers 2 types of Accommodation Contracts to international students:
- Accommodation Contract valid until 31 January – intended for students in Erasmus programmes, Freemovers and students in other degree programmes coming to study at TBU in the winter semester.
- The Accommodation Contract that has been concluded can only be extended by an Amendment to the Accommodation Contract concluded before 30 June or as required by studies, but no later than before the end of the entire month
- Accommodation Contract valid until 30 June - intended for all other students.
- The Accommodation Contract that has been concluded can only be extended by an Amendment to the Accommodation Contract concluded before 31 July or before 31 August.
- Students who have concluded an Accommodation Contract valid until 31 January 2018 and who are accommodated in the TBU Residence Halls and have applied for an extension of the accommodation for the summer semester are obliged to conclude an Amendment on extension of the Accommodation Contract no later than 30 November 2017, thus booking a bed in the TBU Residence Halls for the relevant period of time.
- Students who have concluded an Accommodation Contract valid until 30 June 2018 and who are accommodated in the TBU Residence Halls and have applied for an extension of the accommodation for the summer holiday are obliged to conclude an Amendment on extension of the Accommodation Contract no later than 30 April 2018, thus booking a bed in the TBU Residence Halls for the relevant period of time.
- The Accommodation Contract concluded can be terminated in compliance with the provisions specified in the Accommodation Contract.
Processing of the application
- Students are obliged to check the status of their application on the website in the ISKaM system.
- In the course of the academic year, applications are granted depending on the availability of beds.
- Students are obliged to check the status of their application and move in the Residence Hall no later than within 3 working days including the day of booking of accommodation (the HRR are not obliged to inform students on the allocation of beds).
- Students who fail to move in the Residence Hall within the given dates without an excuse will be automatically excluded from the waiting list, and will lose entitlement to accommodation within the original waiting list; and the deposit shall be forfeited in full.
Allocation of rooms
- Students are not allowed to choose a room in the TBU Residence Halls, due to capacity and organizational reasons.
- International students are allocated rooms depending on the bed capacity available.
- Please note: The fact that the student has chosen his/her preferred room does not automatically mean a bed booking.
- Mixed-sex accommodation is allowed only in double rooms in the Štefánikova Residence Hall, and that upon a written request sent to the e-mail address: koleje@kmzutbcz no later than 21 August 2017.
- The list of TBU Residence Halls including maps and more information is HERE.
- The bed capacity of the TBU Residence Halls is limited, i.e. the HRR cannot guarantee that all duly submitted applications will be granted. When the TBU Residence Halls are filled to capacity, accommodation in hostels in Zlín and in the surroundings is offered, depending on the current availability.
- Students who fail to duly submit his/her application for accommodation through the ISKaM system are not eligible to be provided accommodation.
- The HRR reserve the right to change the booking of a bed for technical and/or operational reasons.
Ineligible for accommodation are the following persons:
- Students who owe the charge for accommodation (rent) for preceding periods.
- Students who have seriously violated the Residence Halls and Housing Rules in the preceding period are also ineligible for the accommodation.
- The obligatory deposit forms part of the accommodation application and has been set in the amount of CZK 1,500.
- By paying the deposit, the student confirms his/her interest in being provided with accommodation in the Residence Halls of TBU in Zlín.
- The deposit cannot be transferred to another person.
Deposit refund policy
- The student who has not been allocated accommodation in the TBU Residence Halls yet and requests a cancellation of the application in writing applying for a refund of the deposit, will be refunded CZK 1,500.
- The student who cancels the allocated and booked accommodation in the Residence Halls in writing no later than 11 days prior to the original booking date will be refunded CZK 1,300.
- The student who cancels the allocated and booked accommodation in the Residence Halls in writing no later than 10 - 4 days prior to the original booking date will be refunded CZK 500.
- The student who cancels the allocated and booked accommodation in the Residence Halls 3 days - 1 day prior to the date of arrival, on the date of arrival, or fails to arrive in the Residence Halls on the specified date, is not entitled to be refunded the deposit.
The full amount of the deposit is refundable in the following exceptional cases:
- Students who have booked their accommodation and have already moved in to the Residence Halls but who cease their studies at TBU and who submit a confirmation on the termination of studies no later than 30 September of the current year will be refunded CZK 1,300.
- The full amount of the deposit shall be refunded to students who have booked their accommodation and already moved in to the Residence Halls but who plan to cease their studies at TBU due to objective and substantiated reasons – e.g. a serious illness, an injury (confirmed by a specialist doctor no later than within 10 days of the termination of the accommodation).
Use of deposit
- The deposit is kept on the account of the student (resident) throughout the whole housing period and shall be returned as calculated on the date of the termination of the contractual relationship
- After the termination of the accommodation, the accommodation provider is entitled to use the deposit to offset claims - amounts owed by the resident, if the resident fails to duly pay such claims in time. The deposit shall be used for settling the claims in the following order: 1. Contractual fines (default charges), 2. Compensation for damage, 3. Rent and 4. Other payments in accordance with the Price List. The remaining amount of the deposit will be refunded in cash or, upon request, transferred to the resident’s bank account held in the Czech Republic after the housing period was terminated, provided that the rented premises were duly returned to the accommodation provider and all the rules laid down were observed. The resident is not entitled to receive any interest accrued from the deposit paid.
- After the accommodation was duly terminated, the student interested in accommodation in the next academic year may leave the deposit on his/her account; the deposit will automatically be transferred to the following academic year.
Payment of the charge for the accommodation (rent)
- The student shall pay the proportional amount of the charge for accommodation for the current month in cash no later than upon arrival in the Residence Hall.
- In the following months, the resident is required to pay a monthly charge for accommodation, i.e. rent (= from the first to the last day of the current month) for the accommodation and related services by direct debit payment debited from his/her own bank account held in the Czech Republic and credited to the HRR account. The completed Consent to Collection Order – Direct Debit Payment must be submitted to the Accommodation Officer! The collection orders for a direct debit payment of the rent are entered once per month, no later than the fifth day of the relevant month.
- The resident is required to check the overview of payments in the ISKaM system in order to see whether his/her charge for accommodation has been paid. In the event that the payment has not been duly made by direct debit payment, it is possible to pay the rent in cash (in CZK) to any of the Accommodation Officers of the Residence Halls of TBU in Zlín no later than the 10th day of the relevant month.
- If the payment of the charge is in arrears for longer than until the tenth day of the particular month due to be paid for, the resident is obliged to pay a default charge amounting to CZK 300 to the HRR.
- If the total amount of the charge for the accommodation including the default charge has not been paid by the resident until the fifteenth day of the particular month due to be paid for, the accommodation provider is entitled to terminate the Accommodation Contract by giving a notice, and the resident’s deposit shall not be refunded. The student is obliged to pay the total outstanding amount and move out from the TBU Residence Halls within 5 days.
- If a student terminates his/her accommodation before the end of the relevant month, he/she is not entitled to a reimbursement of the proportional part of the charge paid for the accommodation (rent).
- If a student’s Accommodation Contract concluded is still valid, and the student intends to leave the Czech Republic for a short period of time, he/she is required to arrange for his/her rent to be paid in advance.
- Students are allowed to pay the rent for several months in advance
- A student, whose Accommodation Contract, Amendment or Agreement is close
to the expiry date and who needs to extend his/her housing period by one or more nights in the following month, may be
further accommodated provided that:
- The student makes prior agreement with the Accommodation Officer.
- The current bed capacity of the Residence Halls allows an extension of the housing period.
- On the date of the termination of the Accommodation Contract, the student pays for the relevant number of nights in accordance with the Price List – Temporary Accommodation Available to the Public (including the night, when the Accommodation Contract terminates) at the reception.
- The HRR reserve the right to move the student to a room intended for the public, if necessary due to current circumstances in the TBU Residence Halls.
- The Internet connection is automatically deactivated once the Accommodation Contract is terminated.
Bank details for payments of deposit and of the charge for accommodation (rent):
Bank name: Komerční banka, a.s.
Recipient name: UTB-KMZ
Account number: 107-7297170247/0100
IBAN: CZ94 0100 0001 0772 9717 0247, Swift code: KOMBCZPP
It is necessary to enter the variable code (VS); payments with no variable code cannot be identified! VS: Students who have been provided access to the TBU portal and who have not registered in the ISKaM system = Student’s birth certificate number entered in the STAG system. VS: Students who have registered in the ISKaM system = Number generated after the registration in the ISKaM system.
- Students are required to arrive in the TBU Residence Hall on the date as booked.
- Students who fail to do so, will have their booking extended by no more than 3 working days including the aforementioned booking date. After the expiry of this period, they will lose the right to be provided accommodation and the deposit paid will not be returned.
- If a student cannot arrive in the TBU Residence Hall on the booking date due to serious reasons (e.g. illness), he/she shall inform the HRR by e-mail (koleje@kmzutbcz) about this fact, and that no later than before the booking date. In such a case, the relevant bed continues to be booked and the student shall pay the rent starting from the original booking date (In the event that the booking is extended by more than 15 days, the student is required to pay the rent by bank transfer no later than within 5 days of the booking date; otherwise, his/her claim for the booking of accommodation and for the refund of the deposit shall be forfeited.)
- Students can ask the HRR for a change in the booking solely until the moment when the application is granted and the bed is booked.
- Students are only exceptionally allowed to arrive earlier in the Residence Halls than stated in the booking, by prior arrangement with the HRR, provided that accommodation is available in the TBU Residence Halls at that particular moment.
- The charge for accommodation (rent) shall be paid from the date of the original booking or from the date of arrival onwards, whichever is earlier.
- Upon their arrival, students are required to present their passport, 1 photo sized 3.5 x 4.5 cm, cash in CZK to pay the proportional amount of the rent for the current month (unless it has been already paid and credited to the HRR account).
- Students failing to fulfil the above-mentioned requirements will not be provided accommodation!
- Students who arrive in the Residence Hall on weekend days or outside office hours of the Accommodation Officer are obliged to present themselves in the office of the Accommodation Officer no later than the following working day during the office hours to arrange the necessary formalities.
- Upon arrival, the student will receive: Bed linen, room keys, and printed forms which the student shall complete according to instructions, sign and submit to the Accommodation Officer (Residence Hall registration card, Handover of the Assigned Place, Bed Linen Change Card).
- International students (including students from the Slovak Republic) are obliged to complete a report for the Aliens’ Registration Office in person upon their arrival (in compliance with the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Aliens in the Territory of the Czech Republic)!
- Students shall arrange all the formalities necessary for accommodation in the TBU Residence Halls with the Accommodation Officer. They shall obtain the Accommodation Contract/Amendment to the Accommodation Contract and the registration label specifying the relevant building of the TBU Residence Halls. The registration label shall be stuck onto the TBU student card, or onto the ISIC card and it shall entitle the student to enter the building of the relevant TBU Residence Hall (In the event that the student has not been issued with a TBU student card or the ISIC card, he/she shall be provisionally issued with the Temporary Residence Hall card). The student who has been granted visa or a long-term residence permit for the stay in the Czech Republic is required to submit the Accommodation Contract, if he/she has not done so before.
- After arranging all formalities with the Accommodation Officer and entering data in the STAG information system by the relevant faculty, the student may have the Internet connection in his/her room activated.
Termination of accommodation in the Residence Halls
The accommodation is terminated in accordance with the date set out in the Accommodation Contract (or in the Amendment to the Accommodation Contract/Agreement on the Termination of the Accommodation Contract). If they intend to terminate their accommodation on another day, the residents may do so by prior arrangement with the Accommodation Officer in the relevant Residence Hall (by agreement with the Deputy Accommodation Officer of the Residence Halls of TBU in Zlín in the absence of the Accommodation Officer).
When terminating the accommodation, students are required to:
- Collect the Bed Linen Change Card at the reception.
- Return the assigned room and the shared facilities (sanitary facilities, kitchen) of the dormitory incl. the stove, all of them in a clean and tidy condition, to the chambermaid between 7:00 and 13:00 on working days, and that also in the event that one of the residents moves out earlier than his/her roommates. The last student leaving the dormitory must return a cleaned and defrosted fridge. This is also applicable if the student intends to leave the housing on a weekend day or on a public holiday.
- The cleaning lady must confirm that the room and shared facilities have been duly returned by signing the student’s Bed Linen Change Card.
- Return all borrowed equipment at the reception (bed linen). The person taking over the borrowed equipment shall confirm the return of the equipment by signing the student’s Bed Linen Change Card.
- Check out, i.e. inform the respective Accommodation Officer in the office hours when leaving the accommodation, and that also if the student intends to leave the housing on a weekend day or on a public holiday (settle the account = pay in cash all the resident’s liabilities to the Residence Halls of TBU in Zlín, return the identification label, Bed Linen Change Card and the keys). The deposit or the remaining amount of the deposit shall be refunded to the student upon departure provided that all the rules of the HRR have been observed.
- Move out all items that are not property of the HRR no later than the day of departure.
- All assigned areas to be handed over must be returned by the student in a condition as at the time when occupied, without damages and losses and in the original layout.
- If, during the termination of the accommodation, the student fails to observe all the rules laid down, he/she must pay the relevant fee as set in the Charges for Damages Valid for Residents in the Halls of Residence of TBU in Zlín.
- The deposit that will not be refunded due to the student’s failure to observe the provisions of the Accommodation Contract (= default charge) shall not be used to settle other outstanding liabilities (damages, rent, and other fees as specified in the Price List).
- Students who fail to hand over the assigned place in accordance with the regulations or fail to pay all charges to the HRR, will not have the Report on the Settlement of Liabilities to the HRR confirmed. The aforementioned Report must be submitted to the IO upon termination of studies at TBU.