- TBU Tomas Bata University in Zlín
- FT Faculty of Technology
- FAME Faculty of Management and Economics
- FMC Faculty of Multimedia Communications
- FAI Faculty of Applied Informatics
- FHS Faculty of Humanities
- FLCM Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management
- Library TBU Library
- HRR Halls of Residence and Refectory
- UNI University Institute
Be a government scholarship holder at TBU in Zlín!
Are you excellent in the field of economy or information technology and would you like to go further and improve your skills at a foreign institution? There are fields in which TBU excels among Czech universities! As only one of three universities in the Czech Republic, we can accept governmental candidates English study programmes in economics in both postgraduate and doctoral degrees. And as only one of four universities in the Czech Republic we offer doctoral programmes in computer science. Does this sound interesting? Than do not hesitate to apply for a government scholarship at TBU in Zlín!
General information about the scholarship programme:
- Scholarship Awards under the Foreign Development Assistance Programme.
- Scholarship Awards under bilateralinternational agreements.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor's/Master's degree courses, as applicable, who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit for entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the awarding of the scholarship;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Study Areas Available in English at Tomas Bata University:
Management and Economics
Economics and Management
|Management and Economics||
Economics and Management
|Faculty of AppliedInformatics||Engineering Informatics||DSP|
MSPN = follow-up master´s study programme
DSP = doctoral study programme
Scholarship applications can only be submitted on-line. The 2018/2019 application system will open on 20 July 2017 and the deadline to fill in the electronic application form will be 30 September 2017. Prospective applicants should address all inquiries to the Czech Embassies in their countries.
Prospective applicants are advised to address their inquiries concerning, among others, their eligibility and closing date for applications to the Czech Embassies in their countries.
Detailed information on the terms and conditions for the awarding of scholarship is provided in the binding "Guidelines for Granting Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic", issued in Czech, English, Spanish, French and Russian (click below to download in the PDF format):
- Czech: Guidelines_Czech_2016.pdf;
- English: Guidelines_English_2016.pdf;
- Spanish: Guidelines_Espanol_2016.pdf;
- French: Guidelines_Francais_2016.pdf;
- Russian: Guidelines_Russian_2016.pdf.
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic annually offers scholarships to foreign nationals within the framework of intergovernmental exchange programmes arranged with a number of countries. These scholarships can only be granted to candidates officially recommended by the appropriate authorities in the eligible countries, which collect the applications, set the closing date for applications and organize the selection procedure. Among these institutions are especially Czech embassies abroad, ministries of education or any other organizations, which are being active in the field of education.
Scholarships of this type are designed for university students, graduates and PhD candidates who wish to undertake study or research visits to one of the Czech public universities. The period of scholarship usually ranges from 2 to 10 months.
More practical information here.