- TBU Tomas Bata University in Zlín
- FT Faculty of Technology
- FAME Faculty of Management and Economics
- FMC Faculty of Multimedia Communications
- FAI Faculty of Applied Informatics
- FHS Faculty of Humanities
- FLCM Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management
- Library TBU Library
- HRR Halls of Residence and Refectory
- UNI University Institute
Bibliographic Citation and Referencing
If you write a specialized text of any type, it is required to provide references to the sources you have used when writing the text. It is obligatory to provide bibliographic citations, in compliance both with the principles of the information ethics and with the Copyright Act.
At TBU, citations are regulated in the Rector’s Directive on the standard formal layout of final theses, their storage and accessibility, and in the Rector’s Directive on scientific theses, in accordance with the standard ISO 690; the latest valid version thereof is the update issued in 2011.
The TBU Library offers consultations, seminars, lectures and materials for self-study on this topic.
- A well-arranged citation course according to ISO 690 (in Czech only)
- A well-arranged presentation about citations according to ISO 690 (only in Czech)
- Guide to citation in the Harvard style according to the standard ISO 690 ((in Czech only)
- Citation guide for download ((in Czech only)
- Citation generator, connection to the citation generator through the SFX service
- Possibility of generating citations according to APA, ISO 690, Harvard, Chicago and MLA in the Library catalogue (necessary to check or correct after the citations have been generated)
- For generating citations according to styles and standards other than ISO 690 we recommend Zotero
- A well-organized methodology for the production of bibliographic citations according to ACS, APA, CBE/CSE, Harvard, Chicago, JAMA/AMA, MLA, NLM and to the Vancouver style was prepared by the University Campus Library in Brno.