True food lovers are not only satisfied with a Master’s degree. For them the slogan “Love Food Love Science” is not just an empty phrase used at British secondary schools, but a philosophy of life. Those who apply for doctoral studies want to uncover the secrets of all foods, i.e. to know every molecule as well as how to influence each step of food preparation. The FT specialization in Food Technology covers the area of food production and processing, through which we develop the doctoral candidate’s knowledge of biological, chemical, engineering and economic science disciplines. You will learn all the nooks and crannies of the technology of food production, chemistry and analysis, biochemistry, microbiology and process engineering. The lab will become your kitchen, your lab coat your apron, and by the time you get your PhD degree you will be a whiz at all types of food and drink.
What courses can you look forward to?
- Experiment Design and Data Evaluation
- Trends in Biotechnologies
- Trends in Technology of Animal Origin Foods
- Trends in Technology of Plant Foods
- Trends in Technology of Fats and Surfactants
Where can you expect to find a job after your studies?
- in a management position in the food industry
- in research and development in the food industry
- as a process engineer in food production
- in the technology of food production
Mode of study: full-time / part-time