Environmental Chemistry and Technology
Are you fascinated by nature and interested in the environment you live in? Do you care about sustainable functioning of the world? If so, this is the right place for you. Our doctoral programme focuses on scientific work and the development of technology which provide us with a better understanding and solutions to these issues. As these problems are complex and involve both chemical and biological processes, you will fathom methods which are applied in environmental and analytical chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology and molecular biology, depending on the topic you choose to study further.
Our common goal is to create a better and highly sustainable environment for us and future generations alike.
The technology we are developing revolves around the efficient use, recycling and reduction of waste, chemical and biological treatment of wastewater, biodegradation of contaminants and materials, such as plastics, embedded in soil and water. Our activities also investigate the ways in which the amount of contaminants in the environment and the processes taking place can be monitored.
What can you specialize in?
- Biodegradability of Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Waste Treatment Technology
- Microbial Processes and Technology
Where can you find employment after graduation?
Nowadays, doctoral programme graduates are perceived to have theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as, a deeper level of understanding and problem solving; Examples of possible job positions are:
- Technology Developer in the field of waste, wastewater and air management
- Expert in environment monitoring laboratories
- Developer of Technology concerning biological methods of contamination reduction
- Developer of Recycling Technology
- An employee in the state’s environmental administration
- Research and Development, Education (universities, scientific institutions and technology parks)