Technology of Makromolecular Substances
By now you understand that polymers make up today’s world, and that you want a part in their creation. If you want to become a polymer wizard, the ruler of the world of rubber and plastics with immense power their application, it is up to you to extend your studies a bit further. To be specific, about four more years. Doctoral programmes are always dedicated to scientific investigations and independent student research, but this specialization will make you a technology-oriented expert on anything that includes “-mer” (from monomer and dimer to Mercedes). We will equip you with the knowledge to accurately describe the physical and chemical properties of polymer materials as well as the production processes and the final products obtained from these compounds. You will discover your future in any organization dealing with the processing of materials in the plastics and rubber industry as well as related sectors such as the consumer-goods, automotive, electrotechnical and other industries. Obviously, there is a great deal of money to be made in these types of enterprises.
What courses can you look forward to?
- Physics of Polymers
- Polymer Engineering
- Theory of Technological Processes
- Macromolecular Chemistry
- Modeling of Polymer Processeing
- Composite Materials
- Polymer Blends
- Instrumental Methods in Analysis and Testing of Polymers
Where can you expect to find a job after your studies?
- As a managing officer in research and development, in industrial production or in the manufacturing industry
- As a director for technical development or research and development
- As a manufacturing and technical director in industrial production
- As a managing officer in secondary or higher education
- As a science, research and development officer in higher education in chemistry subjects
- As a manager / coordinator of scientific and development projects or in a department of development
- As a developer of simulation software
- In the manufacturing of rubber and plastic products
- In advanced materials and production technologies
- In chemistry and the chemical industry
- In the production of modes of transport