Coronavirus COVID-19 Infection Prevention – Latest Information
Tomas Bata University in Zlín is closely monitoring the situation regarding the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. TBU regularly discusses the current situation with the Public Health Authority in Zlín and follows the recommendations given by the Public Health Authority.
Latest information on the COVID-19
- Rector’s Decree No. 9/2020 – Restriction of Employee Business Travel | 18 March 2020
- Rector’s Decree No. 8/2020 – Temporary Suspension of Classes at Tomas Bata University in Zlín | 13 March 2020
- Rector’s Decree No. 6/2020 – Measures Adopted in Connection with the Risk of Spread of Coronavirus | 6 March 2020
- Information from the Government of the Czech Republic
- Information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- Extraordinary Measure issued by the Ministry of Health – Quarantine for Persons Having Their Temporary and Permanent Residence in the Czech Republic | 7 March 2020
- Extraordinary Measure issued by the Ministry of Health – Quarantine for Persons Returning from Italy | 6 March 2020
- Updated Information Issued by the Regional Public Health Office of the Zlín Region, based in Zlín and Concerning the Occurrence of COVID-19 Coronavirus | 6 March 2020
- Official Request Addressed to Residents and Institutions in Zlín Region by the Regional Public Health Office | 3 March 2020
- Information on the COVID-19 issued by the Regional Public Health Authority | 1 March 2020
The Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic has issued the following basic guidelines, which are almost identical with those set by the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States.
- Avoid close contact with people who are obviously sick.
- Use a disinfectant if you come into contact with people who suffer from acute respiratory infections.
- Avoid crowded areas.
- Individuals suffering from respiratory illnesses should observe the rules of respiratory hygiene – i.e. when coughing and sneezing, properly use (ideally single-purpose) tissues, when coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth with your arm or with your sleeve, not just with your hand (the droplet infection may spread to another person).
- Health professionals should protect themselves particularly well as they come into contact with patients most frequently.
What you should know about coronavirus? (english subtitles included)