Rules for Use of Computing Facilities and Network
Residence Halls connected to the Internet
The data network is available in all rooms in the Štefánikova, Antonínova and TGM Halls. The network is intended to be used by students accommodated in the respective Halls. In the TGM Hall also the TBU employees accommodated on the 1st and 5th floor can use the data network connection.
Number of data sockets in the Residence Halls buildings: Štefánikova Hall: 196 data sockets Antonínova Hall: 209 data sockets TGM Hall: 334 data sockets. In the TGM, Štefánikova and Antonínova Halls there are student computer rooms.
Data socket activation
In order to activate a data socket:
- Submit an on-line application in the DATA PLUG ADMINISTRATION SYSTEM on the website kolejnet.utb.cz
- Apply for the data socket activation by phone/e-mail (only TBU staff accommodated in the TGM Hall), Tel. No. 6119 / e-mail: email@example.com
After your on-line application has been submitted and the contract on use of data connection has been provided with your electronic signature, your data connection will be activated within 15 minutes. The fee for the use of data connection is not charged from 1 September 2011 onwards.
In the network connection properties of your computer please select:
- Obtain an IP address from the DHCP server automatically
- Obtain a DNS server address automatically
In order to find the window please click on: Desktop Icon: Network places – properties, select: Connection to local network – properties, select: Internet Protocol TCP/IP – properties. For more information on connection and data network in the Halls of Residence please click here.
- SR/1/2016 Rector’s Directive – Rules for Computer Network Use at TBU in Zlín
- SR/2/2016 Rector’s Directive – Rules for Computer Network Use in the Residence Halls of TBU in Zlín
- SR/3/2016 Rector’s Directive – Rules for Use of Electronic Mail at TBU in Zlín
- SR/4/2016 Rector’s Directive – Rules for Connection of Mobile Devices to the Network of TBU in Zlín
- Rector’s Decree No. 7/2002- Observance of the Copyright Act