- TBU Tomas Bata University in Zlín
- FT Faculty of Technology
- FAME Faculty of Management and Economics
- FMC Faculty of Multimedia Communications
- FAI Faculty of Applied Informatics
- FHS Faculty of Humanities
- FLCM Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management
- Library TBU Library
- HRR Halls of Residence and Refectory
- UNI University Institute
Guidelines for Senders
The electronic mailroom of Tomas Bata University in Zlín is intended for receiving electronic messages containing submitted documents or information concerning Tomas Bata University in Zlín, nám. T. G. Masaryka 5555, 760 01 Zlín, identification number: 70883521 (hereinafter referred to as “TBU”). These electronic messages may be submitted via:
- TBU data box (“ahqj9id”),
- electronic mailroom address - podatelna@utbcz ,
- or delivered personally on the acceptable data storage devices directly to the Central TBU Mailroom, nám. T. G. Masaryka 5555, 760 01 Zlín, ground floor of the University Centre, room No. 137.
Sending via E-mail
The TBU electronic mailroom accepts electronic messages regardless of whether these are signed electronically or not. In accordance with Act No. 227/2000 Coll. on Electronic Signature and on Alteration and Amendment of Other Acts, electronically signed electronic messages must include a secure electronic signature based on a qualified certificate issued by an accredited certification service provider. In the event that it does not include such a signature, it must be additionally attached in a written form within three days. The maximum acceptable size of an electronic message including attachments sent to the e-mail address of the TBU electronic mailroom is 10 MB. The list of supported formats is available below.
Electronic messages sent to TBU, whose requirements are not regulated by a legal regulation, do not need to be signed electronically. This concerns Requests for Information in compliance with Act No. 106/1999 Coll., on Free Access to Information, as amended, or common e-mail communication between TBU staff and a third entity.
The delivery of an electronically signed electronic message to the TBU electronic mailroom is confirmed by sending an electronic message with a legitimate electronic signature of the authorized employee in charge of the TBU electronic mailroom affixed.
An electronic message within which harmful code has been detected, shall not be processed. The term ‘harmful message’ involves computer viruses, illegible and unprintable messages, unsolicited commercial emails (spams, phishing), etc. If the electronic address of the sender can be read from the electronic message, a notice of the problem detected is sent to the address, however, unsolicited commercial emails (spams and phishing) will not be responded to.
It is advisable to mention the abbreviation of the TBU component part, or the relevant position, e.g. FT, Dean of FAI, Rector, etc. for ease of identification of the TBU component part or relevant organizational unit. This will speed up the process of delivery to the staff in charge.
If the sender does not explicitly require communication in electronic form, any further communication from TBU will be received in the written form.
Submission via Data Storage DevicesElectronic messages delivered by means of data storage devices are accepted on CDs or DVDs. The office hours of TBU electronic mailroom for the submission of documents on data storage devices are as follows:
|Monday||7am – 3.30pm|
|Tuesday||7am – 3.30pm|
|Wednesday||7am – 3.30pm|
|Thursday||7am – 3.30pm|
|Friday||7am – 3.30pm|
The receipt of data storage devices is only a complementary activity of the electronic mailroom and it can thus be used only in the event that the data volume exceeds the capacity limit for sending via the data box or electronic mailroom address.
Electronic File Formats
If the electronic message includes a file (sent either by e-mail, data box or data storage device), the University accepts the following file formats for the needs of electronic mailing service:
- *.TXT (plain text document),
- *.RTF (Rich Text Format – a universal document file format),
- *.PDF, *.PDF/A (Portable Document Format – you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it),
- *.DOC, *.DOCX (MS Word document),
- *.XLS, *.XLSX (MS Excel document),
- *.PNG, *.JPG, *.TIFF, *.GIF (common graphic file formats),
- *.ODT, *.ODS (OpenOffice.org file format),
- *.DWG (AutoCAD program files),
- *.WAV, *.MP3 (audio file formats),
- *.AVI, *.MPG, *.MPEG-1 a 2 (video file formats),
- *.ZFO (online form file).
Other file formats may be sent to TBU electronic address at the risk of being sent back, since TBU does not have programme devices to open them.
In order to save space and not to exceed the capacity limits of electronic delivery, the attachments to such deliveries may be compressed by file archivers, and that in *.ZIP, *.RAR file formats.
Files can also be signed electronically.