ECTS Credit Allocation Based on the Student Workload
A unified credit system based on the European Credit Transfer System is used for a quantified assessment of the process of studies in Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes carried out at TBU. The main features of the unified credit system are the following:
- One credit represents 1/60 of the average annual study load for the standard length of study.
- Each course unit is allocated a number of credits which reflects the relative degree of study load required for successful completion of the relevant course unit.
- On successfully completing a course unit, a student shall obtain the number of credits allocated to the given course unit in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1.
- Credits obtained within one degree programme are added up.
- The number of credits obtained serves as a tool for monitoring the students’ academic performance.