Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně

Open in navigation

Practical Information

Health Insurance

All foreign students are obliged to have health insurance while staying and studying in the Czech Republic. Students from EU countries are obliged to have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Students coming from non-EU countries are obliged by law to purchase comprehensive health insurance for their entire stay in the Czech Republic. Health insurance must have coverage for illness, accidents, etc.

Non-EU citizens with the visa obligations are also requested to provide the health insurance contract while they are collecting the ready visa at the Czech embassies abroad. In the case of prolonging a visa in the Czech Republic, a health insurance contract is required while applying. For detailed information please refer to the Ministry of the Interior.

Students can apply for health insurance online and receive their documents anywhere in the world. It is also possible to obtain a discounted price for students. For further information, please get in touch with the International Office of TBU at incoming@utb.cz 

You can check the current offers of insurance companies, for example, on the following links:

The Czech Republic uses the European emergency number 112.

Faculties and departments