Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně

Open in navigation

Practical Information


Before you arrive

Students who are non-EU nationals and have been accepted to exchange study at TBU in Zlín need to apply for a long-term residence permit (for the whole year) or a visa (for the semester). Current conditions and requirements are available online at the following links:

Students from countries of the EU (plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland) are exempt from visa requirements.

Extending your visa

You can extend your visa without having to leave the Czech Republic. Students are entitled to apply for an extension of a long-term visa or a long-term residence permit, on condition that their purpose of stay remains the same, at the earliest 90 days and the latest 14 days before the period of the permitted stay on the territory of the Czech Republic expires.

A long-term residence permit issued for study at a university can be extended repeatedly, but only for a maximum period of two years each time, it is extended.

More useful information is available at mvcr.cz.


Traveling around the Schengen Area is allowed with a valid Czech long-term visa or a long-term permit (up to 90 days).

Faculties and departments